Blackburn College News
LIBRARY WORKSHOPS & INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT
THE LIBRARY OFFERS DROP-IN WORKSHOPS ON:
· How to search the library catalogue and locate books
· How to request and reserve library books
· How to manage your borrowing account
· How to find and navigate your way around an E-book
3.00pm – 3.30pm
GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR LIBRARY
· How to find millions of articles from our e-journals, databases and iSearch.
· Search strategies and information skills tips.
· How to cast your net wider in the literature search.
· The inter-library loan scheme and student buy on-demand schemes
3.30pm – 4.00pm
STUDENT EMAIL, ONEDRIVE AND OFFICE ONLINE
· How to access your student email.
· How to sync your student email to your mobile device.
· How to download FREE MS office.
· How to access and use OneDrive and Office Online
4.00pm – 4.30pm
· How to submit your assignment to Turnitin
· How to access feedback in Turnitin
4.30pm – 5.00pm
The drop-in sessions cover 4 different topics each lasting up to 30 minutes. You are welcome to attend any or all of the sessions. Places are limited to 6 students per session and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
When: Every Wednesday – 3.00pm – 5.00pm (During Term Time)
Where: The University Centre Library – Boardroom
The University Centre Library offers one-to-one support to students on a wide range of library topics including finding and using library resources and information.
TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT OR CONTACT US:
Phone: 01254 292165
Face-to-Face: University Centre Library Service Desk